We hope this policy is fully explanatory, but if you have any further queries you can contact us through our Contact Form, by email at email@example.com, or by writing to us at Wheal Jane Earth Science Park, Baldhu, Truro, Cornwall, TR3 6EH.
By using this website, you consent to the collection, storage, use and transfer of your data under the terms of this policy.
INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT FROM YOU
When you shop with us through our website or by phone, we will collect various pieces of information from you so we can process your order. We may also collect data from you when you contact us with a query or about a repair, when you use our social media networks or when you sign up to receive marketing information from us.
The data we will collect from you includes:
• Your contact details (name, billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number).
• Your billing information (your card details are processed through our secure gateway Worldpay so those details are never seen by our staff).
• Your interactions with us (emails, telephone conversations or letters you have shared with us).
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which came into force in 2018, we will only collect, store and use your data where you have given us permission to do so. We frequently review our information so we do not keep it for longer than necessary, and we ensure that any information we have is securely disposed of when no longer required.
We will use any data you give us, namely your contact details and payment information, for the purposes of the following:
• To process your order
• To discuss enquiries with you
• To update you on the status of your order or enquiry
• To process repairs or refunds
• To send you invoices/receipts via email
• To send you marketing information such as news, offers and product updates (opt-in only)
• To ensure we are providing the best customer experience possible
When collecting data for marketing purposes only, we require you to explicitly opt-in to our marketing scheme which you can do through our website, by telephone or in writing. You are free to opt out at any times via the same methods.
We may occasionally need to share your personal information with trusted third parties in order to provide a full and efficient service. These include:
• Delivery services, so we can send your order to you
• Fraud prevention services
• Secure payment providers such as Worldpay
• Web support partners
• Law enforcement agencies and government bodies that require us to disclose personal information in order to comply with legal, statutory or regulatory obligations
SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
We employ security measures which protect your personal data from access by unauthorised persons and against accidental loss, destruction and damage.
Payment information, including card numbers and expiry information, are processed through the secure gateway Worldpay which encrypts your details to keep them safe. Staff at South Crofty Collection do not see or store your payment information.
Ordinarily we will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected.
Unless subject to an exemption under the data protection laws, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
• The right to request a copy of the personal data which we hold about you
• The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
• The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary to retain such data
• The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time, where consent was the lawful basis for processing your data
• The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
If you have any comments or queries relating to our use of personal information, please use our Contact Form, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or write to us at Wheal Jane Earth Science Park, Baldhu, Truro, Cornwall, TR3 6EH.